In essence, sales is:
1. How you gather information
2. How you respond to information
3. How you deliver information
4. And how you ask for something (closing)
Example: How to sell a pen. (See “The Wolf of Wall Street” if you don’t know why this is relevant!)
1. Find out how they last used a pen (gather info)
2. Emphasize the importance of the activity they last used a pen (respond to info)
3. Sell something bigger than a pen, like a state of mind (deliver info)
4. Ask for the buy (closing)
1. Find out how they currently solve the problem
2. Emphasize the importance of solving the problem
3. Sell something bigger than your solution (the product).
4. Ask for the purchase.